Pet anteaters and other exotics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pet anteaters and other exotics

Ask questions about anteaters or chat about other exotics and issues int he animal community.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Male v Female

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Africa

Male v Female Empty
PostSubject: Male v Female   Male v Female EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi is there any known difference in the temperament of male/female Tamanduas?
Thanks
Sallie
Back to top Go down
TamanduaGirl
Admin

Male v Female Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male v Female   Male v Female EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi,

If you want an opinion other than my own you might want to join my group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xenarthra_keepers/

There are more owners on there. I made this since a lot of people don't want to venture into groups who are used to message boards but that's where all the action is.

There doesn't seem to be much difference in males and females personality wise. On the other hand most people do not keep them in their homes so some behaviors may be missed.

Males tend to want to mark more(little puddles of pee) while females tend to dribble more(drip drip drips of pee as they run around, involuntary), both are effected by being nervous or in a new area. Females dripping is effected by hormones too. With the monthly cycles you also have the monthly blood spotting to deal with.

Oh I think the males smell ickier, not stronger but their pee smells different from Puas and I like the smell of her pee better but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AnteaterEntertainment.com
Africa

Male v Female Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male v Female   Male v Female EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 2:53 pm

Thank you. There are some already in the UK and also in Europe but obviously there are not many births so it becomes a waiting game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Male v Female Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male v Female   Male v Female Empty

Back to top Go down

Male v Female
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pet anteaters and other exotics :: Animals :: Anteaters-
Jump to: