Pet anteaters and other exotics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pet anteaters and other exotics

Ask questions about anteaters or chat about other exotics and issues int he animal community.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anteaters during the winter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GitaBooks

GitaBooks

Anteaters during the winter Empty
PostSubject: Anteaters during the winter   Anteaters during the winter EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 8:04 am

I was wondering, how do you care for anteaters during the winter months? I want mine to be as comfortable as possible, but it gets below zero and we have trouble heating the house (we use a fire place half the time) so how would I keep them warm and comfortable? What about humidity? It is so dry during the winter, would that cause problems with their skin?

Thanks for any assistance. : )
Back to top Go down
TamanduaGirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anteaters during the winter   Anteaters during the winter EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 1:13 pm

They can get cracked ears and tail if it gets too dry. Use a humidifier and/or oil their ears with something like wheat germ oil.

When I first had Pua winter was one of the reasons she wore a lot of clothes in the house. Now I just keep the heat up for them since when I got Aurora she was prone to getting ill. You can add a space heater or wall heater to their area.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AnteaterEntertainment.com
GitaBooks

GitaBooks

PostSubject: Re: Anteaters during the winter   Anteaters during the winter EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 4:48 pm

Thank you so much for the info. I'll certainly keep it in mind. : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anteaters during the winter   Anteaters during the winter Empty

Back to top Go down

Anteaters during the winter
Page 1 of 1