Pet anteaters and other exotics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pet anteaters and other exotics

Ask questions about anteaters or chat about other exotics and issues int he animal community.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
crittersss

crittersss

Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love Empty
PostSubject: Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love   Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:50 pm

It is so hard to find good information on non-human primates, I have learned some but need to learn soooo much more before I Adopt my new baby girl. I have been told that Black Caps are generally better(easier) to raise than the Black& Whites so that helped me decide on the breed of capuchin to adopt and I have researched the laws in my area. I still have a lot to learn before I would feel ready to bring her home. So any one who would like to offer advice and talk to a soon to be Monkey Mom please let me know. Thanks crittersss study
Back to top Go down
crittersss

crittersss

PostSubject: I GOT IT !!   Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:55 pm

I ask about posting, I got it now lol! I really like your new site cheers
Back to top Go down
TamanduaGirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love   Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Thank you.

It can be heard to find things due to Monkey owners feeling the need to protect themselves with so much bad press lately. I know they wont even let you in the yahoo groups for monkeys unless you have one already.

Have you seen http://www.monkey-island.net/

It is true they will attack you eventually. It's there instinct to challenge for higher status. You have to stand up to them when it does happen.

http://www.primatecare.com/monkeys.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.AnteaterEntertainment.com
crittersss

crittersss

PostSubject: Re: Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love   Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Thanks for the links I'll check them out. I have already been through the yahoo groups and I totally understand their caution because when I am a monkey mom I'm sure I will be protective also. I did get to meet a few nice monkey moms and if I asked a question they were very nice to give me an answer but I would like to be able to talk to someone on a regular basis because I'm not really sure what questions I need to be asking? On a happier note I really like the pictures and videos of pua And that video of the one on the motorcycle was so funny it's amazing how well they can balance. When I was searching for exotic groups for monkeys that's when I found Rexano and first saw Pua I'm glad for that Smile
Back to top Go down
TamanduaGirl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love   Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:02 pm

Thanks.

I can try to get some monkey people I know to join but people on groups are reluctant to do message boards, just like people who do message boards tend to get lost on how email groups work when they try them. They also don't seem to talk about their primates that often other than the one lemur owner and that's not the same at all as monkeys.

Weird this smiley is labeled a monkey
monkey
With no ears and dark mouth area I thought it was going to be something gross, lol.

The one on the motorcycle was funny. City folk have no clue how to handle wildlife. Though similarly if a wild raccoon were in ym car I wouldn't want to mess with it. Tamaduas aren't as dangerous though.

I do have a few new photos to get up this weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AnteaterEntertainment.com
crittersss

crittersss

PostSubject: Re: Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love   Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 4:43 pm

That is a monkey? LOL I thought it was a grape or something lol! I went to the sites you gave me. The Monkey - Island.net says that website is for sale but they did have a little info. The other one I have been on before I do like that one . I have a favorite monkey website I can go look at but again I'm not able to really talk to anyone on a regular basis No. I know one thing, I think, I have bought sooo many baby girls clothes and I can't stop LOL I even got my sewing machine out of the attic and started down sizing a few of them not really sure how the size will work but the size is absolutely (Awwwww ) I'm starting to ramble so better go monkey LOL
Back to top Go down
peeka

peeka

PostSubject: Re: Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love   Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 3:30 pm

I think its is sad that monkey owners feel they have to "hide" because of how ignorant the media can be. Its all about sensation and hype rather than any actual facts. I can't say I blame them for wanting to protect themselves and their monkeys. The only other place I can think of if you are looking for information on primate ownership is to think about joining U.A.P.P.E.A.L

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love   Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love Empty

Back to top Go down

Monkeys, Information on Raising a Happy, Healthy Baby Primate To Love
Page 1 of 1