Pet anteaters and other exotics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pet anteaters and other exotics

Ask questions about anteaters or chat about other exotics and issues int he animal community.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Silky anteaters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GitaBooks

GitaBooks

Silky anteaters Empty
PostSubject: Silky anteaters   Silky anteaters EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:44 pm

Does anyone here own a pet silky anteater? They are also known as pygmy anteaters and are the smaller cousin to the Tamanduas. I'm writing a care guide on them and was wondering if anyone had an personal experience with them.
Back to top Go down
TamanduaGirl
Admin

Silky anteaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky anteaters   Silky anteaters EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Didn't know anyone was still using this. It didn't send me messages of new activity.

Silky anteaters do not survive long in captivity. It's not yet been figured out how to make them thrive in human care.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AnteaterEntertainment.com
GitaBooks

GitaBooks

Silky anteaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky anteaters   Silky anteaters EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:16 pm

Yeah, I've heard they are weak also. I've studied some good methods for slow acclimation of animals, which is far less stressful on them. Zoos are doing better then they use to as far as avoiding stress during shipping, but one reason so many animals are weak in captivity is because of the sudden change in climate, schedule, and having been handled so often.

Thanks for replying. : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silky anteaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silky anteaters   Silky anteaters Empty

Back to top Go down

Silky anteaters
Page 1 of 1