Pet anteaters and other exotics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pet anteaters and other exotics

Ask questions about anteaters or chat about other exotics and issues int he animal community.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anteater Prices

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GitaBooks

GitaBooks

Anteater Prices Empty
PostSubject: Anteater Prices   Anteater Prices EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 11:06 am

So, as far as I have seen while looking things up on the internet, most pet Tamanduas go for around $2,000-$8,000, as they aren't all that easy to breed, particularly if they are not get the proper diet or are not being kept in the right environment.

Some day I hope breeding becomes common enough they can cost about as much as a pure-bred cat or dog ($500-$1000).
Back to top Go down
TamanduaGirl
Admin

Anteater Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anteater Prices   Anteater Prices EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 1:26 pm

I honestly hope they are never that cheap. They are just to delicate and easy to kill for the casual pet owner. But if they do become better at breeding it could come down from the high of 8,000 That is a bit much. When I got Pua is was 3k for a baby now it's 8k but back then it was like $700 for a fennec now it's 2k. Both cases are a reflection of their difficulty to breed and limited supply but the price on tamandua is also in part a way to help weed out some of the more casual interest potential owners who wont be prepared for such a big commitment. Also most if not all sellers now look for the buyer to be USDA as another precaution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AnteaterEntertainment.com
GitaBooks

GitaBooks

Anteater Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anteater Prices   Anteater Prices EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 4:50 pm

You're right, there are so many people who think that a cheaper animal is somehow not as important to keep healthy or who don't think as hard about getting it. That's the frustrating thing about the low price of many rodents, reptiles and fish. No one thinks they have to do research because their a "dime a dozen".

I wish it didn't take high prices to get people to think about an animals needs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anteater Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anteater Prices   Anteater Prices Empty

Back to top Go down

Anteater Prices
Page 1 of 1